EXPERIENCED SOUND ENGINEER NEEDED
The Quentin Dentin Show is looking for a Sound Engineer to join the production team for an Off- West- End run of the show at the Tristan Bates Theatre.
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated individual who will be able to set up our sound system, to make sure the show sounds the best it possibly can.
The Quentin Dentin Show is a rock musical which contains a live three piece rock band (keys/ synth, guitar, drums). All five performers will be singing into Sennheiser wireless head mics.
- Attending rehearsals on a freelance basis to work with the director and musical director to enhance the sound design.
- Working with the production manager to plan a sound system for the production and source the equipment needed to set it up.
- Programming a show file of sound for the stage manager to operate, and teaching them how to operate if necessary.
- Troubleshooting and setting up the sound during get- in, then troubleshooting sound during tech and the first week of previews until press night.
- Previous work as a sound engineer on Fringe or Off West End production.
- Experience of programming Qlab 3 or 4.
- Proven work with a live band (preferably rock), and experience soundchecking musicians.
- Experience working with wireless head mics, including setting them up.
- Proven experience EQing microphones and live bands together.
You will be needed on a to attend a few rehearsals with the band and the cast between May 30th and June 16th (Monday- Friday only). Dates and times for this to be negotiated.
Get in: Sunday 18th June daytime
Tech: Monday 19th June 10am – 10pm
First week of show: Monday 20th June – Sunday 25th June. Call time every evening 5pm. Call time for Thursday and Saturday matinees 1pm.
You may also be needed on a freelance basis for the remainder of the run to offer advice and help should there be any problems with sound.
To apply for this job, please contact the Production Manager Lars Davidson via email at email@example.com. Please also email Lars if you have any questions.
Please apply with your CV, a short statement expressing your interest in this job, and the contact details of one referee. We may check references prior to interview. The deadline for applications is 10am on Thursday 23nd March. Interviews are in the evening on Friday 24th March. We may get in touch to arrange an interview prior to the deadline date if you are a suitable candidate.
© The Quentin Dentin Show Ltd. | Registered company no. 10475149